B.E. Civil Engineering
"The department offers B.E degree programs. The curriculum in B.E degree covers core specializations of Structural Engineering, Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Surveying & Engineering Geology."
Teaching Learning Process is centered around imparting not only technical skills in the subject but also softskills so as to enable students to achieve holistic personality. Further, state-of-the-art laboratory and infrastructure facilities effectively aid teaching learning process.
Research has been targeted in the thrust areas of Concrete Exposed to Elevated Temperatures, Bulk utilization of FlyAsh in Roads & Embankments and Dam-Breach Analysis, Flood Routing through River System.
The department has been meeting societal needs also like Designing Traffic Islands. Conducting traffic surveys, Geotechnical investigations, Marine land development complex, Children Traffic Training Park, etc.
The department has the following state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Strength of Materials
- Concrete Technology
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Required textbooks and reference books to cater the needs of the students and a reading room facility with all the civil engineering and IS codes books available.
- State-of-the-art computer center with 35 modern systems backed up by a 20 kVA UPS
- Latest 30 user STAAD pro V8i worth Rs.16.84 lakhs
- 30 user AutoCAD 2010, 5 user NISA
- Internet hub with four switches capable of providing 96 LAN and internet access points